Israeli Forces Detain 9 Palestinians Amid Settler Siege in Qusra, West Bank
QUSRA, West Bank — Israeli forces detained nine Palestinians in the village of Qusra near Nablus on Monday, in a new development involving Palestinian families whose homes have been surrounded for days by Israeli settlers.
The detentions were reported Monday morning as tensions continued around several homes in the village, where families have been unable to move freely during the prolonged confrontation.
Nine Palestinians Detained
Al Jazeera reported that Israeli forces detained nine Palestinians who had been trapped in their homes by settlers.
The development comes after days of escalating tension in Qusra, a village south of Nablus in the occupied West Bank.
Settlers had established positions near several Palestinian homes, blocked access routes and prevented residents from freely entering or leaving the area.
Families Trapped for Days
Residents have said that water and electricity supplies to some of the affected homes were cut during the confrontation.
Settlers also erected tents and barriers near the properties, while Palestinian families remained inside amid fears that leaving their homes could allow settlers to take control of the properties.
Israeli troops were deployed to the area during the standoff.
The Israeli military previously said its forces were operating in Qusra to maintain security and protect residents.
Tensions Continue in Qusra
The situation in Qusra has drawn growing international attention in recent days, with the confrontation continuing despite the deployment of Israeli security forces.
Monday’s detention of the nine Palestinians marks the latest major development in the days-long dispute.
The situation remains tense as Israeli forces and settlers continue to maintain a presence around the village.