CCU speaks on potential bomb threat evacuation

CCU speaks on potential bomb threat evacuation. The development was reported by WPDE.
CCU speaks on potential bomb threat evacuation: Latest Details
Students at Coastal Carolina University were evacuated from DeCenzo Hall Tuesday night after the university received an anonymous tip about a potential bomb threat. Students told ABC 15 they were evacuated from the freshman residence hall for about two hours and relocated to Tradition Hall while officials investigated.
CCU alerts confirmed the evacuation, and students said they had not initially been given a timeline for when they could return to the building. Horry County police, North Myrtle Beach police and CCU police responded to the scene. At the time, it was not immediately clear what prompted the evacuation.
PREVIOUSLY: CCU alert confirms no threat after search; cause of DeCenzo Hall evacuation unclear At 11:01 p.m., a CCU Alert announced that the Department of Public Safety had completed a thorough search and determined there was no threat, allowing normal operations to resume. CCU is scheduled to begin classes Wednesday.
At the time of the initial report, there was no word on whether the evacuation would affect classes. The university later confirmed that the evacuation was prompted by an anonymous tip about a potential bomb threat.